NSfK Research Seminar 8-10 May 2023
Tervetuloa Suomeen! Welcome to Finland!
NSfK research seminar 2023 will take place May 8-10 in Finland.
The future of punishment: Reducing recidivism and promoting societal integration?
The Nordic countries have a reputation of a humane and rehabilitative model of punishment. NSfK’s 61st research seminar explores the current state and development of punishment and rehabilitation in the Nordics. We wish to bring forth perspectives on how recidivism can be prevented and to discuss the form and function of rehabilitation in the Nordic criminal justice system today. What roles do the criminal justice system, the social and health services, and the NGOs respectively play in the Nordic model of punishment and rehabilitation?
We welcome theoretical, empirical, and methodological papers discussing punishment and rehabilitation in all its forms.
In addition to the general theme, presentations concerning other Nordic topics are also welcome, and both Nordic researchers and practitioners are encouraged to participate and present their research.
Key Note Speakers
- Kaisa Tammi, Director of Hämeenlinna Prison and Probation Centre
- Tove Pettersson, Professor, Stockholm University
- Signe Hald Andersen, Research Professor and Deputy Chief of Research, The Rockwool Foundation
- Synøve Nygaard Andersen, Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Oslo
- Francis Pakes, Professor, University of Portsmouth
Deadline: December 15, 2022.
We will notify applicants on acceptance/rejection of abstracts by January 15, 2023.
Please note that after the seminar, participants are requested to share their research and papers in form of a report. Deadline: June 15, 2023.
The options for the reporting are:
- Submit an article – based on the paper presented at the seminar – for publication, preferably in one of the Nordic journals NSfK supports:
The submitted articles will be handled according to the journals´ ordinary review and publication processes. Those who choose this option must inform the Secretariat about the chosen journal, title and an abstract within the deadline.
- Submit a blog post at the Nordic Criminology Blog (in co-operation with Nordic Journal of Criminology). Blog submission guidelines.
Photo: Scenery of Aulanko. Visit Finland/Teemu Tretjakov.