We are delighted to note that researchers get in touch with the NSfK Secretariat with questions regarding NSfK research support 2022.
We gathered some of the questions we have received and share them here int his short Q&A – as well as important general information about the research support that we would like to raise.
Application period 25 October – 26 November 2021 at 15.00 CET
- For the Call 2022 the Council welcomes applications for projects of Nordic criminological relevance, and in this respect also projects on crime and crime control related to the covid-19 pandemic in the Nordic countries.
- You will find the application form in the NSfK Applicationportal when the application period opens on 25 October. Click here for link to the portal.
- If you do not already have an account in the portal and are considering applying for NSfK’s research support, we recommend that you already now create your account.
The Applicationportal will be closed for maintenance on Thursday October 21st.
- Please read carefully through the information in these two documents:
- Increased maximum amount for co-Nordic research projects: NOK 2 million.
The temporary higher limit is one way to how NSfK celebrates the Anniversary Year NSfK 60 years.
- About NSfK research support
– NSfK encourages researchers in the beginning of their careers to apply for research grants or that they are included in the application.
– NSfK would also like to draw the attention to the possibilities of applying for financial support up to 100 000 NOK for working group meetings and contact seminars with joint Nordic perspectives.
– For the requirement of Nordic relevance, the applicant is to show his/her knowledge of the Nordic research situation, identify researchers in the research field in the Nordic countries and give an overview of which studies so far have been done.
– The applicant is also asked to describe how the project is made available for policy makers.
– The research which the support is meant for can be granted to researchers based in the NSfK member countries.
- Council has made several efforts to simplify the form; general questions about the project such as background, purpose, theory, method, criminological or criminal policy relevance, project period, “output”, other funding. Only a few attachments are asked for.
- Please do note that NSfK’s maximum limit for OH is 20% on salary costs.